Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Back to the Light Side

My content has been so "heavy" lately, I feel compelled to lighten it up before I lose my readership! (Yes, I am doing this for all 5 of you!)

What do I do to keep my mind occupied these days? Work and pretend to work. See my latest "creations" below...


I actually created this Saturday when we woke up to more snow. Now more is predicted in the forecast this week! Pretty sad that last year at this time we were golfing at the Wild Rock Golf Course in Wisconsin Dells. 

Wild Rock in 2012 vs. Wild Weather in 2013? You know who I'm gonna pick!

This wild weather, of course, has also wreaked havoc on the spring sports schedule -- which I have learned from hubby "You always write in pencil!"

 
Good grief! Between rain, sleet and snow, we wonder if our Assumption baseball season will ever get started! Today marked the fourth game that is either canceled or postponed -- depending how much we can squeeze into the schedule once we do actually get under way.

You know it's spring in Wisconsin when the coach tells the guys to bring snow shovels to practice instead of bats! I am not kidding. Even though the infield is under water, the snowbanks had to go. We are supposed to have a home game on Friday so they had to get that snow out of the outfield... just in case that blockhead Mother Nature does cooperate once and dry things out.

My money, however, is on Ol' Man Winter.

Speaking of Old Men... Not much new with my dad. Just another day with little or no change.We'll see if a blog filled with positive attitude can give him the boost he needs.

Right now, it's working for ME.

That and a great Mexican meal with girlfriends tonight. A muy bien distraction!



No comments: