Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Riding the Wave

I'm not blaming my siblings or mother for inconsistent reports about my dad's current health condition. Yes, it's driving me nuts that one person says he seems fine, then several hours later he is weak and looking mighty frail. But they are reporting the truth -- for that moment.

And the truth is that Dad is still riding that up-and-down wave, from feeling good down to "too tired" to continue. So I am heading up there in the morning to see for myself -- and see if I can help my mom in any way, too.

Found this picture today and, not that I wanted to blend the rest of my family into the background, but I finally learned this new coloring skill in Photoshop... plus I wanted to focus on me sitting on Dad's lap. Oh how I'd love to do that again and have him tell me everything is going to be OK. The truth, though, is that I am the one who needs to do that now, hopefully finding some way to comfort him.

My visit will be brief -- provided the weather cooperates enough for me to go up and come back. Who would have thought we'd be dealing with winter storm warnings in late April?

Of course, we didn't predict we'd be visiting Dad in a nursing home this year either. I guess we'll just keep riding the wave and hope it calms down soon.

Really soon.

No comments: