Thursday, April 4, 2013

Coffee Break

If you ever wonder why I am so productive when I work from home, this is my setup...

Or it would be if I wasn't so afraid of needles! It comes close to the truth, though. I can drink a lot of coffee without thinking. It has two advantages: One, I am alert. Two, my micro-bladder requires many trips to the bathroom so I get steps on my pedometer, too!

Today, since Carter stayed at a friend's last night and the neighbor did not need a ride to practice either, I was able to roll out of bed, grab that coffee and get to work. Since there were no judgmental teenagers around, I didn't have to shower until right before noon when I had to go pick those two up!

Yup -- alert, productive, showered and getting steps -- sounds like a good day at the office to me.

As a bonus, since today's baseball game was obviously rescheduled, Carter and I took a field trip to cash in cans. This time around, the "Cans for Carter" crusade yielded $13.95 -- and Mr. Can Man rounded it up to an even $14. Whoo-hoo. Who's rich now? I don't even know any more what Carter is saving up for but I do know it's going to take a long time at this rate. It nothing else, he has a little spending cash and doesn't have to bother us for every nickel and dime.

But I bet he will.

He should at least do some chores this week to earn his keep. He has crossed 3 items off the list: I already forgot the first one but I know the second was "cash in cans" and the third was "clean room." Well, he did vacuum it today and it smells good because it was almost 50 degrees and time to let the fresh air in. I'll have to see how it looks tomorrow. That may go back on the list.

Of course, my "coffee break" will be over and I'll be in our real office so no one will be here to enforce it.

Any volunteers to be The Voice for a day??



No comments: