Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Trail Mix


I finally decide to mix up my race routine this year and throw in a challenge. I plan to go for a "trail run" or two -- and take a look at my first trail! Seriously, this is the scene today of part of the route through the Iola ski hills for the Iola 5K Trail Run coming up in 10 days. Snow shoes may be our best bet!

Or, if the above-freezing weather holds, it may be quite the mud run! I guess if I was looking for a different challenge, I'll have one. Frankly, it's just a challenge to get motivated to run regularly these days. I'm not too concerned, though. This is more a "survival" run for me. Not concerned about finishing time, just concerned about finishing and want to see how the uphill battles go.

Between now and then, it's not just running on the agenda. We -- as in Carter and his athletic supporters (Dad and Mom) -- are supposed to have some 4 or 5 baseball games in that time. Batter up? Or no?

Carter's first game for tomorrow is obviously called off since the ball field in Rapids looks just like these ski trails. It might make it easy to slide, but that's about it. And yes, once the white stuff finally does melt, it is definitely going to be a huge mud fest for the first several games.

So glad our boys are wearing white-pant uniforms this year! Will no doubt become a stock holder in Shout.

Just hope will have happy trails, not trials, this "Spring."

No comments: