Monday, April 1, 2013

No Foolin'

I know the day's not over yet, but I escaped getting fooled today. For the most part.

Mother Nature stepped in right away. It was sunny out early. Here I had this last-second thought to grab a jacket. Good thing. Here we're driving along to work and the radio announces it's 18 degrees.

Not a joke.

Baseball practice, which was scheduled indoors anyway, was canceled today. So while we slaved away at work, Carter had two friends over to "hang out" and behave, naturally. I kind of expected that between the combined power of 3 teenage boy minds, they'd pull something. But honestly, I think they were so worried about squeezing in video games and ping pong games and hot tub time, they didn't even realize it was April's Fools Day.

Now I'm kicking myself. I could have pulled off a good one!

I'll have to think of something while I get my Blake and Adam fix on The Voice. Somehow, I expect I'll be a bit distracted, though.

So breathe a sigh of relief, boys!

No comments: