Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Delayed Departure

About a month into practice and today was the first day the baseball team got to practice outside... if you don't count the day they shoveled snow.

Seriously.

And the start of the season is still delayed and not going anywhere soon. Today's game was postponed or cancelled. Not sure which right now. Maybe the season can get going on Friday. If not, then hopefully Saturday.

The only good thing in all this is that I've had an extraordinary amount of time to hem his uniform pants if needed. Of course, I waited until tonight to have him try on the uniform. Hey, he didn't ask! I just happened to think of it today. Luckily, he is tall enough now there are no domestic skills needed this season.

While he had the uniform on, I figured I might as well take pictures. Would you expect any less? Actually I took them for 3 reasons. Besides the obvious scrapbook requirement, I wanted to take one and print it out to give to my dad later this week and I wanted to prove that his uniform was white once.

Take a look. Not a fan of the white. At least the AWAY jerseys are blue, but for some reason, Carter wanted to wear white tonight. And if he is cooperative, I don't push it!






I'm also not digging the "flat billed" hat look they think is cool. I hope they outgrow that fast.

Of course, what do I know about cool. We used to wear those "painter hats" and they were, like, totally awesome. Like, totally! Anyone remember those??

I guess I don't care what he looks like. I just want to see him play!

As we were walking back into the house and his cleats were clicking on the driveway, he says, "Man, I love that sound!" He definitely is anxious to get this season going.

I guess my bottle of bleach is ready, too.


No comments: