Friday, April 12, 2013

White Out

I hate talking about the weather but dang, it is getting on my nerves! This morning was really a challenging commute with all the slush and ice on the roads. I am so thankful my chauffeur handled it with flying colors.

Well, the only color really is WHITE these days.

Do you even want to know what I was photographing a year ago today?


A whole different kind of white! I was traipsing around the yard, snapping photos of violets and dandelions and pretty blooms on trees.

Now, we have this...


Yuck. Now granted, last year it was nice to feel the warmth early, but then it got cold again and killed trees and other food-bearing plants. This year, with this late, late, late snow cover, my concern is: Where are the robins going to lay those eggs that are ready to burst out of their bodies?? Will they survive the cold? Will we have a robin shortage this year?

I've heard of short Robyns but I know you all would be devastated if there were not enough Robyns around!

This is where you say: "Of course! Yes, we would be so devastated!"

Seriously, the long-range forecast is not showing anything beyond the 30s -- maybe one day at 40 -- in the next 10 days. No chance of baseball but a good chance of more of that white stuff.

Maybe Mother Nature doesn't know she shouldn't wear white after Labor Day.... definitely not this long after!

The things some people get away with.

No comments: