Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Round Robins

Woke last night to the sound of thunder (just like Bob Seger's song)... Does that mean spring has arrived? Uhm, that would be a big, fat NO!

My guess is the thunder was Ol' Man Winter and Mother Nature quarreling. Guess who won that round? Well, we woke up with another inch of snow on the ground and this for a forecast -- so I think you know!

Even in my most creative photo manipulation, I would not create that map! Especially when this weekend is not only my trail run, but my garage sale -- well Carter's former babysitter's sale that I help out with each year.

Apparently, the robins didn't get the memo either. Their flight arrived today and they were confused about why they couldn't nab any worms out of the frozen ground! (Yes, that's the Dr. Doolittle side of me interpreting for you.)

This one is saying: "The the heck? Is there a Red Robin burger joint around here?"

 And this one is saying: "Does this branch make my butt look big?"

Ohmigosh! I am glad I am not the only Robyn who put on a ton of winter weight! These round robins will shed there's pretty quickly, though, when they pop out some pretty blue eggs.

This round Robyn won't have it so easy. However, that more challenging than necessary trail run Sunday will be a good starting point. Nothing burns calories like a good mix of snow, slush and mud!

That's what a little bird told me anyway...

No comments: