Monday, April 29, 2013

Scoring: A Good Place To Start

Thanks to our delayed start, we are beginning our baseball blitz now... pretty much playing every day of the week (sometimes twice) except Sundays and Wednesday for the next few weeks.

Tonight we had our first home game of the season, playing at Witter Field in Rapids. After 10-0 and 6-0 losses, there was much jubilation when we scored our first run of the season today! That's a great way to start turning things around. In fact, we scored 3 runs.

Too bad those big, bad Edgar Wildcats scored 12!

Dang.

Still it was nice to see the team a bit excited over scoring and Carter even got to participate. He's the designated pinch runner right now for the catcher -- in certain game situations. So tonight he got to run bases anyway.

Glad he could perform in front of his crowd of admirers. Oh, not Mom and Dad, but some girls we are pretending we don't know about. I can't really say anything because I was a teenage girl once and I did what I could to get to certain sporting events to watch certain teenage boys.

Welcome to the scary times of motherhood!

My only relief is that kids these days are so used to just communicating via text, etc., rather than face to face. So I'm not so sure he's that ready to interact directly with his fan base. Guess I'll have to go to all the home games just to make sure.

And cheer on my favorite teen boy, of course!

No comments: