Saturday, August 12, 2017

All Thumbs (and Toes)

Some people are blessed with two green thumbs. I am cursed with not only two black thumbs but 10 black toes, too.

Case in point... today.

Finally had a free day to be home with no obligations other than walking the neighbors' dog and going to hubby's class reunion tonight. So I hit that darn "summer" landscaping project I have been working on in bits and pieces so it can get done while it's still summer!

Today was the penultimate step. Had to even out the dirt so I could place the under-layment before we add rocks. Apparently, we have very dirty dirt. I had shoes and socks on and still this is what appeared when I took them off before showering.



First thought was "Holy crap!" Second thought was "There's no way I am wearing sandals to the reunion."

Honestly, still not clean after the shower. Actually had to sit out on my swing and soak my feet for an additional 20 minutes. Did the trick. Clean feet. Fresh nail polish. Sandals!!

As it turned out, I needed clean – but mostly comfy – feet as it was a long evening of visiting Jim's classmates and then dancing downtown at Hollyrocks where one of his classmates was playing in the band Rising Phoenix.

At this point in time (2 a.m.) I have no voice or hearing.

But dang I've got clean toes and thumbs.


No comments: