Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Buddy System


The concept of the Buddy System is pretty simple. You keep an eye on your Buddy and your Buddy keeps an eye on you. You lend a listening ear and they listen without judgment. You've got their back and they've got yours.

This weekend I got to Buddy-sit my brown-eyed boyfriend Buddy from across the way. He stayed in his own house and I just relieved him from watching Netflix – or whatever these boys do on their own these days – with walks every few hours. And pets and snuggles, too.

He was always so happy to see me! Just as any good Buddy should be.

And with those floppy ears, he was such a good listener, too. Today I had to pay him two treats because he was my therapy dog. Even with my squeaky, almost non-existent voice, he paid attention and gave me just the right feedback....

A nice sloppy kiss...

And a nice snuggle hug! 

Buddies are essential to have whether you think you need them or not. I have walking and talking Buddies who also speak human. They are pretty cool.

And remember that song "What a Friend We Have in Jesus"? He's our Buddy, too. I talked to Him a lot today, too, sending up prayers for some special people who really, really need them. I don't always see or hear the answer but I suspect it could look like big brown eyes and sound like a contented belly-rubbing sigh.

I'm pretty sure that's what my big Buddy in the sky would do. He walks with me all the time. And never expects a treat.


No comments: