Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Rush Week for Grown-Ups


All I know about the so-called "Rush Week" at frats and sororities is what I've seen in movies and what little College Boy told me about his experience last year – neither confirming or denying they are one and the same.

A lot of activities crammed into a few days despite the "normal" schedule of life on campus. You know, classes and studying and stuff.

This week at work had a similar feel to it – minus the beer pong and Around the World shot challenges, of course.

We have our "remote" workers from our department in-house this week so are capitalizing on the rare face-to-face contact with extra meetings, eating and other bonding before, during and after my regular work schedule.

Throw in a few deadlines for some freelance work on the homefront and I am tapped out. And looking like Cruella Deville in the picture above.

So despite being M.I.A. from blogland, I did not fry my eyes by watching the eclipse. My brain, though, that's a whole other matter.

Guess it is kind of like a Rush Week for grown-ups. My brain cells are dying – but not from drinking. Just an over-abundance of stress and under-abundance of sleep.

Party on.


No comments: