Friday, August 11, 2017

Cleansing My Sole


I have holes in my running shoes so I finally broke down and went to Shippy after work.

OK, to be honest, probably 80 percent of the miles on them are from walking. But still, I needed new ones. And still, I will call them "running shoes."

I have found that Shippy Shoes is the best place to get them because they make sure the shoe supports you in the correct manner based on your stride. I had tried a few different brands and found the Brooks Addiction line to work best for me. As in, good support and no injuries.

So getting new ones is easy. Just ask for the latest Addiction in my size and I can be in and out in 10 minutes ... and a Benjamin lighter.

Yup, proper shoes are expensive. But when I buy the cheaper ones at ShopKo, for example, I end up getting sore feet or calves or experience IT band issues. So it is the worth the investment for this old lady who does not need help in the area of adding aches and pains.

Of course, while I was in Stevens Point, I did a little other retail therapy – it's Friday, after all – but made sure I was home in time to break the new Brooks in... gently.

Only went for a 2-mile run and I am sure with these new shoes, I'll be ready for that 5K I signed up for next weekend.

What? They are RUNNING SHOES. They are gonna carry me, right?

I am sure I paid for that.

No comments: