Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Noah Dea How Much Rain


I have Noah Dea how much rain we got today but it was a lot in a short amount of time. Was nice most of the day but when I left work, it started. And kept going.

A friend from work and I were headed to the Community Picnic downtown. Parked and grabbed our umbrellas and went to wait in line for the free food. Last year it was set up so that you could check out the multiple vendors and see which line you wanted to stand in for food. We're talking everything from sno-cones to eggrolls to pizza. This year, it was just a few long lines for the same food offerings of either corn on the cob, pulled pork or hotdogs. After we were getting soaked in line – despite our umbrellas – we decided it wasn't worth it. And went home.

Well, I stopped at Wal-Mart, where I got rained on on the way in and poured on on the way out. Wow. Everything I carried was wet. Thankfully nothing was melt-able. Not really a word.

On the way home I did see a rainbow, though.

Snapped this pic out the car window as I neared The Ridges. Fitting that the rainbow ends at a golf course. That's where you always find the Putt of Gold, right?

C'mon. Groaning to death will be a grave mistake, too.

No comments: