Thursday, August 17, 2017

Voice Activated


I pretty much got 8 hours of sleep last night with no time in the recliner to sit up more in order to cough less. I was so happy this morning that I could speak beyond a squeak, too.

I said to hubby: My voice is back and I think I'm coughing less.

He looks at me and says: You rolled over at 4:28 a.m. and coughed in my face and I had to wipe it off.

I wisely chose that moment to go back on mute.

Still not sure if we have allergies, a cold or what, but I'm hearing of more and more people dealing with the summer crud right now. Physically, I feel fine. It's not like my nose is running or anything.

I just want my voice back, 8 hours of non-coughing at night and the ability to run (eh, walk) my 5K Saturday without having coughing fits when I breathe in and out too much. Naturally, I'd happily suffer through all this in exchange for a lottery win. See how easy I am to please?

Meanwhile, hubby would be content with the sound of silence and a dry face.


No comments: