Friday, December 7, 2018

A Little Deflated


Today was one of those days where I had to be the grownup and teach my kid that we have to focus on what we can control.

Yes, I tend to worry and stress about all kinds of things out of my control. But I had to the wise mom and pretend that I don't. Chalk it up to adulting. We're mature now. We calmly say, "Now what about this situation can I control?" And focus on it.

Hey. I try, OK?

I actually do better than I used to, that's for sure. Now that you can chalk up to age. There really truly is a point where you care less about what people think. And also don't over-stress when you can say NO to the question "Is anybody gonna die if this doesn't turn out the way you want it to?"

No lives on the line. No stress.

Hey. I try. I really do.

So the kiddo was a bit deflated and things will turn around because if they don't, I'll go all Mama Bear on the situation and take control!

But speaking of deflated... It was a tough night for our Royal hoopsters. Hubby and I watched the boys play at home. They were soundly defeated by an Auburndale team that couldn't seem to miss their 3-pointers. Yowza.

Meanwhile, our girls traveled to Neillsville to face a tough 3-1 team who handed our Lady Royals their first loss. Bummer. The girls were on the road twice this week and three times next week. We'll definitely be traveling for one of them anyway.

Kids, take it from this mature, calm adult: Don't stress. You can turn this around. A whole lotta season left!

No comments: