Saturday, December 22, 2018

Last-Minute Madness


Since the days are getting longer, I figured I had plenty of time today for some last-minute shopping. Technically not last minute since these particular gifts aren't "due" for several days. Still, everyone in a 5-mile radius seemed to be at Wal-Mart this afternoon. And I hate browsing in crowds. Puts the bah in my humbug!

I was a good consumer today and also supported small businesses: Ruby Reds cranberry shop, Cravings coffee shop, and the Feltz Dairy Store in Plover, where they sell King Cone ice cream year-round. Yes, you read that correctly!


And the proof. Eggnog ice cream. What a Christmas miracle looks like! So yummy.

Not surprising that I used up part of my "extra time" today taking a nap on the recliner. Must have been the sugar crash an hour after ice cream. But I was revved up in time for a movie date night.

Hubby and I went to The Mule, directed by and starring Clint Eastwood. He's always so amazing. A very good movie and strange, too, when you realize it's based on a true story. So, you know, no spoilers but I was bawling at the end. That's three movie dates in the last two months and I'm 3 for 3 crying at the end.

Let's not even talk about the Hallmark movies. I'm not crying. You're crying.

I suppose since the day is longer I could sneak in one of those yet tonight. Or at least start one. Carter is off seeing friends so I have dibs on the Man Cave TV.

I'd hate to wait until the LAST MINUTE to watch Christmas movies!

No comments: