Sunday, December 2, 2018

Thanks for Visiting



I knew after our nice Thanksgiving break that Carter couldn't wait until Christmas to see me. You're welcome, everyone, for Winter Storm Carter's visit this weekend. Hope he didn't wear out his welcome.

Looks like he sort of did some places! Wow.

I was mostly oblivious since my friend Julie and I were hunkered down indoors for scrapbooking. Basically gone 8 a.m. to midnight yesterday and today we started early but ended around 3 p.m. Since we didn't have our hubbies to torture, we tortured – er, loved – our friend Becky's dog Trigger.

Big sweetie!

Seriously, the weekend was as productive as I hoped it would be. Working on my 2013 album and just wanted to get through all the Dad stuff... final illness, visits, funeral, etc. It was an emotional but therapeutic weekend. Here's a snapshot of a few of those pages...




For some people, it wouldn't make sense to scrapbook that. But someday his grandchildren and great-grandchildren may want to know about his life – last days included. And I may need to revisit it, too, when I've gone awhile without a good cry.

Still, it was a fun weekend, too. Always great to see Jules and catch up and make new plans.


And Carter, thanks for visiting, too. You kept Dad busy snowblowing and shoveling all day – and created nice photo backgrounds for the rest of us.

No comments: