Monday, December 24, 2018

The Stockings Were Hung

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through our house... every creature was stirring – including me on my computer mouse.

I suppose if I want everyone in bed when Santa comes, I should set an example and go to bed myself! Not like it was such a busy evening I had to stay up late.

It was a different sort of Christmas Eve schedule compared to the last, oh, 15 or so. Usually it's early church for Carter and me (1 p.m.), then dinner at the in-laws at 4 p.m. and the evening there. This year is worked better for some of the grandchildren (two of four) to do it Friday night instead. So it was our first quiet Christmas Eve with just the three of us.

Carter and I went to church at 1 p.m. since choir sang then. We stopped for our usual eggnog shake afterward but McD's had just closed and they didn't have them at Culver's. So Arby's saved the day with a Andes Mint Shake thing. That'll work. Jim went to church at 6 p.m. and we had pizza for supper after.

Pretty low key. Played some cards today, too, and of course I squeezed in a Hallmark movie or two. We did let Carter open two presents.

Surprised him with a wicked cool Celtics sweatshirt – if I do say so myself.

And he opened the personalized ornament I got for him down at the Fireside Theater when I went to see the Elf musical.


The rest of the gifts – for those of us on the Nice List – will have to wait until morning when some more stockings are filled. For now, I better put out a plate of cookies for Santa and a glass (or bottle) of Michelob Ultra. Apparently that's what he prefers.

Who am I to question him? I want to stay on the Nice List!


No comments: