Thursday, December 20, 2018

Christmas Card Cache

One of the side benefits of clearing out clutter is finding long-lost treasures. In order to completely get everything out of my parents' house – with Dad gone and Mom now downsized to an apartment – most of us kids took boxes of "stuff" to go through on our own time.

Well some of my sisters thankfully had the time. Or made the time. At our family Christmas last weekend I got a little pile of old photos – well 20 years old at least. And I can't stop smiling.

And wondering where the time went.

Here's Carter at 7 months old, posing in front of some wrapping paper as a background for a Christmas card. Fast forward 20 years and I used that same concept for our family photo booth last weekend! I just want to kiss those cheeks!


A year later and he is less baby and more young man. Fast forward 20 years and he still dresses up for fraternity functions.

And I'm the one sitting at the edge of my seat anxiously awaiting his arrival like Santa Claus.

Oh. Hubby just said, "Momma, he's home! He's home!"

Gotta go kiss some chubby cheeks!!!


No comments: