Tuesday, December 25, 2018

All is Calm


Merry Christmas from our high calorie camp to yours! Yes, all is calm here... now that we're all in a food coma from overeating since, well, Thanksgiving.

The photo above is just me playing around Photoshop. This one is our actual card that we sent out in the mail and now virtually to you:


We had five of us celebrating together Christmas morning, hubby and I along with Clayton, Becca and Carter. We did a brunch and opened our presents from Santa and Santa's helpers. A few highlights...

Carter and one of his Logic shirts.

Vikings bring out Clay's dimples!

New sweatshirt to match Becca's hair!

Go Warhawks. Even a new Whitewater golf shirt doesn't mean I want my picture taken!

A new dress for me? Total surprise. Hubby has great taste, though. It's really pretty!
Since Becca had to work, they left in the early afternoon. I managed to get out for a short walk and then we had company for the rest of the day: our friends Mike and Christine, nephew Tony and neighbors Mike and Cindy. Then Carter's friend Tony. I know, two Mikes, two Tonys. No typo.


It was my nephew Tony's birthday today. No red and green for this Christmas baby. He's all about the peanut butter and chocolate.

So the Tony Trifle includes layers of: crumbled chocolate cake, peanut butter cheesecake pudding (that's cheesecake pudding with a tablespoon of PB2 mixed in), and crushed Nutter Butter cookies. I used mini peanut butter cups to spell out the 30. Yes, it did taste as good as it looks.

Can you see our coma symptoms now?

Played some cards tonight but that didn't burn calories or add any room to the food chamber. I probably won't even need to eat tomorrow. Of course, that hasn't stopped me before.

Hoping your hearts are as full as your tummies this holiday. Feeling very blessed here on Blue Jay Drive.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: