Wednesday, June 26, 2019

A Good Date Spoiled


Mark Twain once said, "Golf is a good walk spoiled." The phrase stuck because, well, it can get ugly out there. Scenery beautiful, yes. My swing, not so much.

Still, a nice impromptu date night.

Since we are golfing with our friends Scott and Sandy on Saturday and I've only golfed once since we did with them in April (yes, 2 months ago), I figured I better swing out some of the rusty spots. Hubby and I checked out a couple courses and they were busy with league nights and such. But we decided to give the Ridges a go.


It was slow going due to league, so we ended up zigzagging around the front 9 a bit. No par dances for me – though I should have had at least 3 of them! I blame the mosquitoes and black flies and gnats and whatever the heck else was biting me despite bug spray.

And lack of practice.


Jim's been out a few times. But thanks to rain every other day, not a ton of play for him either.


Probably best we don't take it too seriously anyway. Makes for a better date!

No comments: