Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Getting into the Swing


Since I missed my group's first night of golf league two weeks ago, I jumped at the chance to sub tonight. Only because it's tough to get that first round out of the way. Granted, I went golfing back in April. But at this point, it might as well have been last fall!

And it certainly showed.

None of our foursome had many swings under our belts before this afternoon's round at SentryWorld. Such a beautiful course to get hacked up by some... well, hacks.

I had a few decent drives. But my putting was off the charts. As in the "negative" graph part of a chart. Uff da. At least two putts for birdie that ended up as bogeys and two par putts that ended up as double-bogeys. Can you say 3-putt much? No par dances for this girl!


Still, our team of wordsmiths had fun. Yep, we look only slightly better than we golf. Ha.

At least the mosquitoes left us alone. They probably didn't know where we were going to swing next.

I'll let you in on a little secret, skeeters: Neither did we.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think any of you will ever golf as well as you write. RW

Robyn Austin said...

LOL. True story!

Dave's not here. said...

I thought we'd agreed to never speak of this day!