Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Way Back Wednesday


When I mentioned today that June is my birthday month, I realized that last year at this time I hadn't even gone on my Scandi-hoovian adventure yet! Wow. That seems like ages ago. Until...


This memory popped up in my Facebook feed today. Carter graduated from 8th grade... a mere 7 years ago. Seven years??? Who is that child? One of us is getting old. That's for sure.


Speaking of getting old... Kidding. We got together with one of Jim's high school classmates tonight and her hubby. Even though I golfed at SentryWorld last night and we ate at their restaurant PJ's last week, we hadn't gone to PJ's LIVE before. Starting tonight and most Wednesday evenings in summer, they have live music. For free. And now I know it's pretty popular. I don't know how many hundreds of people were camped out in lawn chairs and rockin'.

We listened to the amazingly talented Spicy Tie Band while eating burgers and brats and talking about old times. Well the two 1981 Assumption grads talked tales from way back. We spouses just nodded and kept time to the music. Feeling young. Haha.

But were grateful we all had time together. And the weather was perfect, too!

For the record, we stayed out past 8:30 p.m. so we aren't 100 percent old yet. When I look back at this memory next summer, I hope I can say the same!

No comments: