Friday, June 28, 2019

Early Bird Gets the Birthday


My birthday came early this year – thanks to Mother Nature. She put on such a sound and light show at 1 a.m. that it woke me up. I thought there might be cool streaks of lightning to capture, so I grabbed my phone and went to the front deck door. No streaks. But as you can see, it lit up our yard like daylight. Crazy.

So as long as I was up, hubby encouraged me to find my birthday card and present. Totally legal since it was June 28th. To my surprise, he got me a rocking chair. But not just any rocking chair...

This kick-ass lawn chair that rocks! I saw one at the races several weeks back and made an offhand remark like, 'That's what you could get me for my birthday." I'm not shy about dropping hints. And Jim listened. And got me one in my favorite color! And it is so comfy.

Of course, I was then wide awake and it took me awhile to calm down and get to sleep. I had to work today. I'm not THAT old. Thankfully, I had 95% of my M-M-M-Mint Chocolate trifle done. Just had to add a layer of whip on top and some Andes Mint shavings. Putzing is my middle name!


But worth it. I held off having some all day knowing we were going out to eat tonight. Brought home just enough after for Jim and I to each have some. Yum.

Went out to eat with our friends Mike and Cindy. Jim surprised me and we went to Two Lakes Supper Club. The food is phenomenal there. Soooo good. We were there last year to celebrate either my birthday or Cindy's (later in July) and we figured this would make for a great summer birthday tradition.

I did have them box up a piece of blueberry cheesecake for me. Just cuz. I heard a rumor calories don't count on your birthday!

Was a super day and was able to connect with my twin and my mom, too.


Always weird when we're 4 hours away from each other and rarely get to celebrate our birthday together. This picture still works, though. I don't think we've changed a bit!

Obviously, I've loved cake for a long, long, not telling my age, time!

No comments: