Friday, June 14, 2019

Doggone It


This looks like the scene from a horror movie. And it sort of is. Last night a friend of ours came over and said earlier in the day his wife was in a car accident. In a nutshell, she's OK, car is totaled, and her dog (favorite passenger) got out of the wrecked car and took off in all the chaos.

So I set out searching last night after he left and boy did darkness fall quickly. Right when I was cutting through some woods – very long woods – to search for her. Do you know what's scary about walking alone in the woods in the dark? Every. Flippin'. Thing.

On top of it, no luck finding their puppy Zoey.


The good news is that she was spotted today so she survived the night. The bad news is that even though they "thought" they had around noon today, she ran off again. Kept running away from people – even her owners.

So late this afternoon I trekked out again. This time it was daylight. But the rain made it so messy. I was hoping I'd find Zoey hiding out on a porch somewhere. Trudged through the woods bordering back yards and had no success. By shoes, socks, and pants were soaked. But I just wanted so badly to find her. What I did find was a few rain shots...




And a skeleton...


Say what? Not quite sure. Too bad Zoey isn't a big bad-arse dog who wanted some bones.

As of late tonight, she still hadn't been found and reunited with her human momma. I pray that she makes it through the chilly, rainy night, and that tomorrow brings good news!


No comments: