Saturday, June 29, 2019

Get Hot to Stay Hot


I've heard it said in sports, that team has to get hot to stay hot. Get that big winning streak going and keep it going. You can't "stay" hot until you get there.

So that's what we did today. In some fashion.


Met up with our friends Scott and Sandy from Green Bay. At high noon we teed off for 18 holes at the Lake Arrowhead Lakes Course. The air temp did actually get hotter than 87, but I had to screenshot it when it said the "real feel" was 99 degrees. It didn't seem that bad really. I think I have felt hotter before.

And perhaps played hotter, too.


At one point, I'm sure, Sandy and I were the hottest women in golf. Probably right around 3:22 p.m. or something.

For the most part, we didn't have to sit around waiting. Not until the 17th hole did we have people in front of us. So that worked out well. Not need to have hot, sweaty AND cranky golfers! I was only really cranky on a couple holes where I went from bunker to bunker.

But ask me about my par dance!

Thanks for asking. I only parred one hole – the 18th par 4. How did I par it? Oh, you know, the usual way. Chipping it in from some yards out! Seriously. Where was that all day??

It was nice to end on a high note to go along with the high temperature!


After our round, we stopped up the road at Trail's End for some dinner then went our separate ways – both vehicles stopping somewhere for ice cream en route to their respective homes!

Well, duh. It's hot. And you really can't call it a birthday weekend until ice cream is involved.

No comments: