Monday, June 24, 2019

Neighborhood Watch Cow


I think our neighborhood watch cow and friend need an umbrella. Not that we need a Mary Poppins look-alike in the 'hood. But I hate for her nice dress to get all drenched in the rain!

And yes, that means it's raining. Again.

Just when I was going to leave the house for a walk, too. Gotta keep up my streak! Last week I got 10,000 steps each day Monday through Friday. Anyone with a desk job knows that's not that easy to do. Now it's Monday again and I'm short. Steps, that is. And yes, I do have an umbrella so I wouldn't have to get my fancy dress (or sweats) drenched either.

But boy, I'd rather be munching on something good like the cow is doing. I see the farmer has kept his floral "sweet treat" strategically out of reach. What a great plan. Flower survives and the cow doesn't scarf down something he doesn't need. He might not be happy but he'll be healthy.

Thanks to this rain – again – my flowers will keep surviving, too. Now if I could just keep MY sweet treats strategically out of reach.

Or go puddle jumping long enough to distract me from remembering they exist. Or pace the driveway under an umbrella. Many, many times.

Sigh. Where's Mary Poppins and her spoonful of sugar when you need her?


No comments: