Sunday, June 30, 2019

Sunday Blew Through


As Snoopy would write: It was a dark and stormy... morning. It seriously was like a switch flipped at 9 a.m. and it was dark enough our solar lights were starting to flicker on. Thunder, lightning, rain and, apparently, wind whipped through the area.

Our house out in the sticks, so to speak, was fine. But I did see tree limbs down here and there while running errands – like the library parking lot pictured above. And there was a power outage on my in-law's side of town anyway for a few hours.

All I can say is I'm glad we golfed yesterday! Although we really, really wanted to take the kayaks out this afternoon. Knowing our history of luckily out-paddling lightning, we thought it best not to press our luck.

So we went to a graduation party for our dear next-door neighbor and then came home and tried to walk off the cake before the next rain fall.

On a positive note, I got my 10,000 steps AND my flowers by the front deck will live to see July. May the wonders never cease!

No comments: