Monday, June 17, 2019

Swinging Down Memory Lane

I'm at the age where I can remember lyrics to just about every '80s song but can't remember what I did two days ago, let alone two years ago. That's why my blog comes in handy. It is my main resource for my memory and for scrapbooking!

Today I was trying to remember who I took a work trip with back in 2004. I knew I had scrapbooked about it because it was my co-worker's first time in Vegas so we saw all the sights at night. So I grab my thick volume of Family Memories circa 2004. That's 15 years ago if you can't do the math. Found a few treasures down memory lane...


Little 6-year-old Carter and I swinging at the park.


And Daddy helping him on his first solo ride without training wheels. Awww. Where does the time go?

Carter's almost fully adulting now. In Platteville for the summer and working at the Potosi Brewery on the Wisconsin-Iowa border. I don't know if I have mentioned that before. Because, well, my memory and all. Basically he came home from Germany, applied a few places down there since we're paying rent at his college house for the next year.

He got hired at the brewery and started before Memorial Day weekend. It's a pretty nice operation there, I guess. Brewery, museum (it's the oldest brewery in Wisconsin), a gift shop, and brew pub. Carter is working in the kitchen at the brew pub. Might graduate up to bar tending, but who knows.

Hard to believe he's old enough to do all that when it seems like yesterday (when you look at photos, that is) that he was just starting to pedal off without our help. You really can't stop time. But then, who would really want to? I wouldn't trade most of what's happened in the decade and a half since, that's for sure.

Count your blessings each day. Eventually they pile up. And it's pretty darn special.

No comments: