Monday, June 3, 2019

Magic Carpet Ride


When you don't have little kids at home, sometimes you just have to find your inner child and take her to a movie.

My friend Cindy and I – and our inner children – went on a magic carpet ride tonight to see the "real life" version of Disney's Aladdin. I texted Carter to be sure it was OK that we went without him, so we were good on that front.

Obviously, no one can compare to Robin Williams' portrayal of the genie. But I gotta say, Will Smith was pretty entertaining, too. He did his thing and didn't try to be Robin's version of things. In fact, much of the movie followed the plot, but was able to put a new spin on it from when it was just a "cartoon." There's the magic of computer effects now.

I was glad they had some of the same songs – Arabian NightsA Whole New World and Friend Like Me – but also some new ones. Loved the new one Jasmine sang called Speechless. Might have to check out the soundtrack.

And pretend I'm buying it for my kid. I sort of am.

My inner child deserves treats once in awhile, too. Popcorn was a good start!

No comments: