Monday, March 23, 2020

Gimme Shelter


The pivotal Day 14: Post-Washington is drawing to a close. We should be celebrating because we both remain symptom-free AND I was set to return to the office (the real one) tomorrow. But then the governor had a few words to say about that.

I know this is happening in so many states – the "shelter in place" directive – but dang, I was this close to finally flying the coop!

So we'll rejoice in the fact we are healthy and employed and able to work from our little shelter on Blue Jay Drive. Oh, not the one above. That was a makeshift shelter built along the shore of Bellingham Bay 2 weeks ago. I don't know if homeless people sleep there or beach partiers sneak in there for privacy. I do know there probably isn't anyone working from home in there.

So we count ourselves lucky and blessed. Just for today. The way things change with each rotation of the Earth, we can't look any further than the presents in our presence.

Praise the Lord!

No comments: