Saturday, March 21, 2020

Spring Stay-cation is Probably Overrated


When this reminder popped up on my phone today, I felt bad that College Boy's spring break destination was our basement! Probably a lot cheaper than some beach somewhere, though.

Since his spring break (aka corona-cation) started early this week – turning it two weeks long – he was ready today to get the second half started. And not in his parents' basement.


I get it. I really do. It was great, though, just to have a few days with him – and his sweet girlfriend – in the house. They headed back to Platteville tonight. Basically college kids these days just shake a dice and decide where they're going to spend time being bored. Or having fun by themselves (or with one special person) and managing the whole social distancing thing. Definitely a memorable spring semester for them all!


Meanwhile, Sylvester remains oblivious. Good. We don't want her stressed. While I was attempting to clean in my office today (about time!), I came across the Mickey Mouse back scratcher my sister Romey gave my parents (I think) when she was living in Florida in the mid-1970s. Yup. Vintage and working great. Good thing I don't throw anything away.

Right.

I did spend a few hours shredding documents today after cleaning out some filing cabinet drawers. Why did I start with the one thing no one will see anyway? I don't know. Not like we'll have company in the next month anyway. Pretty much the whole house is going to be a decluttering work in progress while I have my evenings and weekends free. Yippee.

This is not my idea of a spring stay-cation either. I understand why Carter wanted to escape. Dang, I should've hitched a ride.

No comments: