Friday, March 20, 2020

True Colors


Well Mother Nature showed her true colors today. After all that lovely rain yesterday to bring in a fresh spring, she dumps snow on us! Our Skol Man on the front deck was not amused. Me neither.

And guess who else is going to be showing her true colors soon? A helluva lot of us. That's who.


Less than 24 hours before my next hair artist appointment (not even kidding), and our governor decides this afternoon to shut down hair salons (and tattoo parlors, tanning salons and more) – effective at 5 p.m. today! Yes, a few-hour notice and that was it!

Seriously, dude?! If the governor were a woman, she'd know hair salons are essential. Honestly, my mental health will not be pretty when my true colors show!

So, I crossed off my 10:45 a.m. Saturday appointment, like every other item on the calendar for the rest of the month. So sad.

And yes, I know this virus / situation is serious. But we do need to laugh or we are all going to go stir crazy. And for some of us, that's a shorter trip than others! Trust me when I say, it's quite a contest between who wants me back to work in my actual office in Stevens Point more – me or my hubby.

I am so seriously in Jim's way and cramping his style that I'd guess that's the main reason he wants us both to get through Day 14 on Monday with flying colors. And for me, I really just want to feel some normalcy in my "usual setup" at work.

These days, I think we're all just clinging to those one or two normal things remaining in our life routine. And I don't want to say this is the "new normal" because I don't want it to last. I'll adapt to change, as long as it changes back.

Except when we're talking about hair color. Get that gray gone and don't let it come back!


No comments: