Friday, February 3, 2023

Full Time Out


Happy Friday! Felt like the work day just dragged today. Probably because I had non-work activities on my mind – including a deep-tissue massage and shooting hoops tonight and seeing the kids.

Full Friday for sure!

Royals are still out of town so I covered the Lincoln High School boys game at home. Couple of parents of seniors asked if I could get to a game since they don't have a regular picture-taker for them this year. It was fun. 

Our Rapids boys lost, but it was still good to get out – and get a lot of pictures. I'll be up for awhile yet, so figured I'd blog before midnight.

I got home from the game about 9 p.m. but then Carter and Mamie arrived about 9:05 p.m. Carter brought some stuff home and claims everything he owns is under one roof now.

But that won't last long. He's home so he can pack up again and this time prepare for a big move. They signed a lease and will be moving out to Raleigh, N.C. Since his job is remote, he can live anywhere and after enjoying Colorado, they figured they'd try a new place again – and venture east this time. 

I'd like to take a full time out here to absorb this. Even though we've known a few weeks, it's now for real. They're to get what they need and leave. At least they're here until Sunday so there's still time on the clock.

Hopefully the weekend drags out like my work day today!


No comments: