Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Happy Fat Election Tip-Off Tuesday


Just an ordinary fluffy Tuesday around here today. Other than squeezing in multiple events that just happened to all fall on February 21 this year. 

First, I was working from home since they're rearranging our office at work this week. It works out well since the first of some 15 inches of predicted snow has fallen. No driving for this girl tomorrow. No school in the area either.

Today was also our spring election primary for state Supreme Court and area School Board. So I raced over to town hall at lunch and got that done. No lines, of course, since it's such a sparse ballot.

After work, hubby and I went to Assumption to watch the tip-off of the playoff season. Our #1 seed Lady Royals hosted Port Edwards tonight. I think they were winless this season. It's always so painful for the low seed in the bracket that first round.

But props to our girls for coming out strong. Yup, you read that final score correctly. Assumption 70, Port 13. Ouch.

It was good to see our whole bench play so they get more real-time practice. The depth of the bench is crucial when we get into foul trouble. That just seems to happen in the playoffs! Hoping we'll keep cruising down victory lane in the D5 bracket. I will out of town for Regional Rounds 2 and 3 this weekend (for Camp Crop-A-Lot) so they better keep winning so I can see them play again! 

I do have photos to edit yet, but I'm pretty exhausted observing all these special occasions today. Think I'll just head to my Mardi Gras King Cake, er king bed.

Happy Everything Tuesday! 

No comments: