Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Punxsutawney Princess


When Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow, it's 6 more weeks of winter. When Punxsutawney Princess has a window open, it's early spring. For one day, that is.

It's possible we reached even higher than our noontime temperature of 45 degrees in Wisconsin Rapids. But I don't know. I was in the office all day. But Jim did text me the picture of Sylvester in our open bedroom window with the caption: Summertime!

Hey. We're in the Midwest, it's at least a fake spring time. Or, as shown below, Fool's Spring.



Considering we've only had one full week of February, we might not even be that far down the seasonal totem pole. Especially since snow is predicted tomorrow. Again.

It was a nice dry drive – and daylight drive – to and from work, though. Loving that it's not dark-to-dark hours like late December. The only reason I got home in the dark tonight is that I worked late, then joined my monthly Girls Night Out crew for dinner at Ida's. Got home at 8 p.m. for the first time today. Glad our princess closed up all the windows since it's back down to 32 degrees. 

And glad hubby helped her do that before going off to play indoor golf. No wonder he has summertime on the mind! Not that it's a bad place to be. 😎  Lord knows I'm still clinging to my Caribbean tan lines. 

Find the real spring soon, Punxsutawney Princess!

No comments: