Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Hello, February


Had a gorgeous sunrise through my filthy car window to accompany me on my morning commute today. Almost made me think that if February is going to go all pretty on me, I might like it.

But most likely I won't. Not until the current Polar Vortex ends its reign anyway.

Let's just hope the shortened February goes as quickly as January. I guess it helps to be in southern climates for half the month!

When I went to choir practice tonight I hadn't realized it was the first one I've been to this year. It was just the timing of my Wednesdays with travel or vice versa that made me miss. We've got plenty of songs and performances lined up for the rest of winter and Lent, which already starts later this month. So that'll be fun.

Jim was out of town this afternoon and evening eating dinner with some aunts and uncles on his dad's side. And yes, they did eat at 4 p.m. – that doesn't only happen in Arizona! Just glad they were all willing to get out of the house in this cold weather! 

And in related news... Dairy Queen in Wisconsin Rapids reopens Friday. In case these subzero temps have you craving ice cream.

Who am I kidding? That's pretty much any day of the year for this girl. Though I may have to be snuggled under a warm blanket to eat it. It's all about balance, folks.

Have a good month. And be careful out there!

No comments: