Tuesday, January 31, 2023

You Still Have to Leave the House

I didn't realize this morning's wake-up temperature was going to be even worse than yesterday. It made me actually look to see if schools were closed. 

They weren't. I can't remember the threshold, but a windchill of -23 isn't cold enough. Either way, I still had to leave the house and get to work so I could deliver that trifle. Priorities! 

Even the remaining water in my water bottle decided to give up the fight. It was ice by the end of the day. Even though we have covered parking at work, that doesn't keep the wind or the chill out. I'm probably going to cave and wear a coat one of these days, too!

Tonight after work I kept warm by shooting hoops. Well, shooting pictures of hoops. I went to the Rapids girls' JV game to watch Coach Austin in action. Not THAT Coach Austin. A different one. Jim's goddaughter Becca is leading the JV 1 squad this winter.

Since Royals hoops are out of town all week, it finally worked on my schedule to go. She's a sweetie and it's fun to see her share her passion for the game with these young girls. It was a low-scoring affair, but they beat Medford 17-10. A win's a win. Hoping she'll find continued this success this season. Stay hot!

Speaking of hot... I didn't stay for varsity so I got home at a decent time to turn on my electric mattress pad. That thing never gets a break. Except during daylight hours, of course. Because darn it, we still have to leave the house. 

Be careful out there!

No comments: