Sunday, January 8, 2023

Hola, Amigos!


Hola from San Juan, Puerto Rico! We arrived safely this afternoon. 

Safe but exhausted. Red-eye flights are not for me. I got 2 solid hours of sleep on the Phoenix to Atlanta leg of the flight. But there was so much turbulence the last hour of it I was silently praying and singing every church song I knew from Aunday school on up! Uff da.

On the leg from Atlanta to San Juan, I got another good 2 hours but not much more. Most if that was excitement.  I kept watching the little plane on the screen get closer to our island. You can also see from the picture why we're actually in Atlantic Time for the next week.

From the airport we hopped our assigned bus after getting a brief taste of the 80-degree temps. Whoo-hoo!



And got over to our ship, the Norwegian Epic. I'll take a picture of the full ship at a different port. It was too crazy today just getting checked in and finding our room.


As expected,  they're pretty small. But we've got our own balcony.  Yay!

We checked out some of the ship but it was a mass of humanity as not all the rooms were ready. When we're inside the ship and there's all the restaurants, shops and entertainment,  I can only compare it to Vegas. You don't have any idea what time of the day it is until you find your way outside. 

And I did. While Rayna took a nap,  I explored a bit. 



And found the best possible way to watch Sunday afternoon football! Lots of Boston and New York accents rooting for their teams in the Bills-Patriots battle. Since the Viking game was nowhere to be found on ship, I sat in a lounge chair and watched the ticker. Not a bad way to spend some time before takeoff.

Still no sightings of Doc, Gopher, Isaac or Capt. Stubbing, but there's plenty of time. The love boat is leaving port in a few minutes so I at least wanted to blog while we're still in U.S. Territory and I've got coverage.

Time to relax!!




No comments: