Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Working It

Love this work tip! But returning isn't all bad. Even though I've been back working since I hopped off the Norwegian Epic last week, I hadn't been back AT work until yesterday.

Felt like I'd been gone a month. I mean it was half a month technically, so no surprise there. Not sure which comment I heard more: "Nice tan" or "It was so quiet around here without you."

No surprise there either!

It was good to be back to my spoiled two-large-monitors setup, that's for sure. And seeing people. And getting back into a routine. It's been crazy busy and that didn't slow down while I was away.

Ended up working late yesterday since I had to stay in Stevens Point anyway. Last night was senior night for our Pacelli-Amherst-Assumption-Northland Pines Co-op hockey team. It takes a lot of small schools to build a team!

No offense to my cool boyfriend Mr Zamboni, but the atmosphere was very anti-Aruba. Complete opposite of my surroundings the week before. But I still enjoyed getting back at taking pictures. And seeing one of our Assumption boys score a goal. And winning the game!

Got home late for a "school night" so I just crashed and dealt with photos today after work. And had to catch up on a few others things – including time with the kiddos. Not sure how long Carter and Mamie will be here, but I guess we'll have them another 48 hours since we're doing fish fries Friday. I have to remind myself that he's working during the day so I'm not missing out on anything when I'm at the office.

Except that Crack Chicken. And thankfully there's still some of that left! 

And Hump Day is already over so this week is flying. Thankful for that, too. 

No so thankful to hear winter is coming. Might have to wear a coat by the weekend. Be careful out there!


No comments: