Tuesday, January 17, 2023

It's 5 Oh Clock Somewhere


When you're in one of the snowbird capitals of the world, you realize that dinner starts at 5 p.m. at the latest. Which means based on this guy's parking job at 4 p.m., happy hour starts at 3.

Early bird snow bird alert!

Worked a full day, then Rayna and I ran some errands and planned to eat at an Italian place down the road. Pulled into full parking lot at 5:01. Could barely get in the door so decided to try another place.

Went to Native bar and wings place, which I guess is some kind of chain out here. Their version of B-Dubs. Had a lengthy wait but got in before some of the larger groups of 8+. How do thru get everyone ready and out of the house to eat that early on week day??

Had spicy chicken strips and they were good. Ran into someone I knew even!

I didn't say it was someone who knew ME. I'm sure J.J. has time now that he's retired to get me back to Wisconsin if Sun Country can't on Thursday!


Since there's a windchill here (not kidding), you can see why it's not a bonus to get stuck in the desert. Other than sister time that is!

By the time I get home I won't know what time zone I'm in. Pretty sure it's always going to be 5 o'clock somewhere. 

Whether that'll mean work time, nap time, or dinner time remains to be seen.


No comments: