Monday, January 30, 2023

We're Built Different


OK, I woke up to below zero temperatures for the first time this year. And no I didn't step out in a short dress and stilettos – without a coat. But only because I worked from home today, of course.

Frankly, my weather app was in complete alignment with my heated mattress pad. Stay in bed! They both urged. My body said yes, but my mind said, "Crap. It's Monday. Gotta work." So jeans and a sweatshirt it was. No stilettos in sight. 

I did venture out at lunch to pick up ingredients for a trifle. It was up to 2 degrees by then so I didn't need to break out a coat yet, just slipped on a vest over my hoodie. I'm telling you, we Wisconsin girls ARE built different. Though I have layers of fat to warm me compared to the girls pictured. That makes a difference, too!

And this is supposed to be the coldest day this week. Yay.

Since I was home for afternoon and evening, I whipped together a trifle for the new member of our circus, er work team. I asked if she had a wish for the Trifle Fairy and she said anything with vanilla and sprinkles...

This is sort of a messy one, but there is vanilla pudding and there are sprinkles of sorts on the frosted animal cookies. Hope that works for her. Haven't had a disappointing Trifle Tuesday yet. Let's keep the streak going.

As for the Polar Vortex streak – that can go away any time.

Not that I can't handle it. #WisconsinGirls







No comments: