Saturday, January 21, 2023

When There's Not a Latte Going On


The best way to start the weekend is a fancy Saturday morning coffee drink with girlfriends. We had a nice almost 2-hour book club this morning. Not that the book took 2 hours to discuss, but we had to catch up on life after the holidays.

And my cruise.

Hey, I had a captive audience!

The rest of the day was super low-key. I mean almost forced relaxation. I was going to do something – anything – with the kiddos but since they were up til 3 a.m. or so watching movies or playing video games, they didn't get up until mid-afternoon.

So hubby went to church to sing in the choir and I binged half of Emily in Paris season 3, plus watched a little football in case the Chiefs couldn't hold on, plus uploaded 2,835 photos from my cruise to Shutterfly so I can work on a scrapbook Camp Crop-a-Lot weekend.

Crazy what a person can accomplish on a latte, er light, schedule.

And I still have time for one more episode or time to start a new book. Or nothing. I'm hedging toward reading until my eyes close. I could use one more night of 8+ hours of sleep. By Monday my mind and body should be in sync with central time. 

I don't mind easing into it.

Hope you're having a relaxing weekend, too!

No comments: