Thursday, January 19, 2023

Plateauing Traveler

Plateau: to reach a level, period, or condition of stability or maximum attainment. (I'd put a stress on the maximum attainment.)


Flying out of Phoenix this morning I noticed this large plateau. If anything symbolizes my energy level right now, that's it. But I guess plateauing is a better term than straight-lining, right?

Got up early in the Mountain time zone and landed at a respectable 2 p.m. Central in Madison. Thankfully no weather issues. I mean we had 4 inches of snow at home that my neighborhood snow removal heroes got rid of so Jim could come get me. But other than that, it all worked out. Yay.

Took the better part of the late afternoon and evening to unpack and do laundry. But I was distracted.

Carter and Mamie surprised me by being here for a visit! So nice to see them since I haven't seen them since before Christmas and they came to visit Jim while I was gone. I didn't realize they were coming back for a few days. Yay!

That means I didn't have to wait to give Carter his presents either. If you recall, he collects license plates. He just about has one from each state – plus some foreign lands, now including a few islands.


I made sure I took a picture of the plate before leaving the port of call!



I also gave Jim a golf shirt from St. Kitts before he jetted off to choir practice. Right now, even though it's just approaching 8:45 p.m., I am beat! Not ashamed to say I may or may not make it to 9 p.m. Hopefully by Sunday, my body will know what time zone it's in.

It might not appreciate it after looking back at island photos, but at least it will know.

No comments: