Monday, January 23, 2023

Betty Crocker Bribery

I figured out the easiest way to keep the kids here an extra few days. Get them hooked on crack. Chicken, that is.

So I've got the slow cooker going, ready to throw together one of their faves for the week: Crockpot Crack Chicken. We all love it and it's easy. I'm sure I've shared the recipe before, but with Super Bowl parties on the horizon, I'll do it again...

CROCKPOT CRACK CHICKEN

  • 2-3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese
  • 2 (1 oz) packets dry Ranch seasoning (I use the Spicy kind)
  • 8 oz bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled (There's decent prepackaged stuff out there)

Instructions

In a slow cooker, combine the chicken, cream cheese, and Ranch seasoning.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours, until chicken shreds easily.

Once chicken shreds, stir with a large fork or spoon, so the chicken shreds and all the ingredients combine.

Add in crumbled bacon and stir to incorporate.

Serve warm.

We do them on little Hawaiian slider buns. Super delish. But you could use crackers or heavy chips even. So good you'll understand why they call it Crack.

It also reheats well, which is good, since this will be breakfast, lunch, and dinner the next few days. Call it the popcorn of poultry, I guess.

Crockpot just beeped. I gotta go prep my meals!

No comments: