Saturday, January 7, 2023

Red-Eye Ready

Spent another day with Superstition Mountain in sight. But I'm feeling more lucky still than superstitious. 

A high of 69 degrees was a treat for this Wisconsin girl. 

We had lunch with Rayna's friends Dennis and Linda who I met last winter when I was here. In the Small World Department, he grew up just outside of Rapids and was a classmate of Carter's long-time babysitter Audrey. I told you it's a small world!


So nice to see them! As soon as we stepped outside after lunch, I could feel just enough Arizona heat to make bones smile. Oh yeah, I knew my afternoon plans!

While Rayna packed, I bonded with Mr. Deck Chair's distant cousin while bundled-up retired folks walked by. It felt like a glorious May day to me! Took a walk around the neighborhood too.


Pretty scenery I expect I'll see more of on the islands. 

And even found a cactus flipping off Old Man Winter. I hear ya, dude. I agree. 

And of course we were treated to another gorgeous sunset. 

Now it's 9 p.m. here and we still have 2 hours before we need to be at the airport for our 1 a.m. flight. One hundred percent red-eye alright.

I know I'm supposed to enjoy the slow pace of vacation, but I just want to get on that plane and onto our ship! Little excited here!

Not sure how often I'll blog during the trip, if at all. I'm sure I'll have pictures and stories to share at some point! 

Bon voyage!

No comments: