Sunday, February 12, 2023

Super Sunday


When my team isn't playing in the Super Bowl, this is my kind of game. Tied when the clock strikes 2-minute warning. Fun to watch.

The pregame party started at 11:30 a.m. when my friend Cindy picked me up and our friend Brenda and we went to an adult book fair. Not adult because the titles were x-rated. But adult as in it was at District 1 brewery in Stevens Point.

There were tons of people there! Probably 95% women – with a lot of husbands and boyfriends at the bar. That's why it was called the Boozy Book Fair. We got special crafts too. I tried N/A IPA. It paired well with shopping. We each scored a few books and socks. 

Yes, socks! Rather appropriate ones, too! (OK, fine. We're book nerds and not afraid to show it.)

Got home by 2 p.m. for party number 2. Our friend had his 39th annual Super Bowl party in his basement. We went there in the early afternoon. I stayed until almost game time – so I could make some investments first – then came home and watched while multi-tasking a couple projects. Then went back after what I thought was a lame halftime show. (No offense to Rhianna since I like some of her songs, but don't pretend to sing if you're lip-synching.)

KC ended up with the 38-35 win and Robyn ended up with no winnings.

Still, it was a fun Super Sunday all around. Just let me know when they're circulating the petition to make the Monday after the Super Bowl a national holiday. This is way past bedtime on a "school night."

Super dreams!

No comments: