Monday, February 6, 2023

The Meltdown


When we met for dinner before the show on Saturday night, we saw these amazing ice sculptures around the popular 400 Block in Wausau.


So of course we had to peek our faces through the hole so we looked like Frosty. Lisa is taller and she knelt down for her picture.

I'm shorter so I just did a crouching squat thing and was holding my fingertips on the back of Frosty for balance. But when I saw the picture later, it looks like I'm inside Frosty and trying to tap my way out! I figured if I'm part snowman, I should be melting away some pounds in this warmer weather.

I mean, above freezing that is. And rainy.

Yup. It's 8:20 p.m. and it's raining. And we're at our warmest temperature of the day and it's climbing. So strange. So some of the snow will melt – and hopefully it stays above freezing through the night so I don't have a treacherous morning commute. 

Based on the week's forecast, I think Frosty or his friend Flaky are going to become pretty soft around the edges.

They sure were beautiful works of art, though. There's always a trade-off for "nice" weather, isn't there?

Be careful out there!



No comments: