Monday, February 13, 2023

Giving Spirit


I've been in the giving spirit lately. Must be a holdover from Christmas! So I whipped together this blanket for my work friend's mom, whose undergoing chemo right now.

One of my Recliner Blankets (aka large lap blankets). Love, love, love the colors. I hated to give it away. But she was thrilled to be on the receiving end and hopefully it keeps her warm after her treatments.

I also whipped together this baby blanket for a fellow Vikings fan. I love, love, love the colors on this one, too. NATURALLY!!

I haven't tied up the loose ends yet. But it should look fine. For those of us into that sort of thing.

And last but not least, I whipped this together today...

My boss is taking a new position in the company and won't be my fearless leader anymore. So I made a trifle with his favorite flavor – butterscotch! – that we can enjoy tomorrow on what's an almost weekly Trifle Tuesday! And those butterscotch flakes on top? That's me grating little butterscotch chips. (And trying not to hurt myself.) Oh I am nothing if not putzy when it comes to my trifles.

Actually I've made one similar to this before. I use my Hornet's Nest Cake as the bottom and middle layers topped with butterscotch pudding. Oh man, I hope it tastes as good as it sounds.

It's fun to give, isn't it?

No comments: